Yes, my name is Lawrence, and I hope Lawrence doesn’t mind me playing around with his name. And yes, I’ve enjoyed a little Yoga off and on over the years, but can’t seem to make it part of my regiment, so my arms aren’t always serviced.
I like to play with words, and I suppose letters and even ideas. Ever since a kid, Yoga Berri is without a doubt the funniest athlete that I’ve heard, mostly in books though.
Funny thing is that he was a catcher too, and his real name is Lawrence, so we have at least a couple of things in common. I wonder if he did any of the below, or would agree with that? I hope he wouldn’t think it’s too much. I tried really hard, but couldn’t figure out how to add less:
1. As a kid I once caught two no-hitters in the same game.
2. If I find myself speeding to get somewhere 10 minutes earlier, I slow down and just decide to stay 10 minutes longer.
3. If you don’t know where you’re going, check the map.
4. If you can’t love the one you are with, try changing.
5. When the odds are stacked against you, be sure to check the bottom as well as the top.
6. I’ve been a part of three double plays at the same time, twice.
7. My first draft was cool, the second draft was cooler, but then the final one got hot!
8. I like it when I mince my words and they come out right, but my mince meet never does.
9. And finally, I have a hard time hearing with one ear, and can’t see out the other.
Feel free to add your own here…I’ll just grin and Berra it!